Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I’m giving you all the long awaited update on my “Grow & Glow” to-do list.
Let me be 100% honest with you all and say that I haven’t been as consistent with this list as I know I should’ve been (ex: missed the June update). Life definitely got in the way (vacations, sporadic summer schedule, the HEAT, etc.) BUT I have made progress.
Just in case you forgot, here’s my list:
- Continue to pray when I wake up in the morning and refresh my prayer list weekly.
- Read my devotional every day.
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day listening to something Christ-related (i.e. gospel music, YouTube sermons, Christian audio book).
- I will workout at least 3 times a week.
- I will drink at least 1 bottle of water a day and steer clear of fast food.
- I will wear my retainer.
- I will write down 5 things I’m grateful for at the end of every day.
- I will speak to Christ about my troubles before I speak to people.
- I will be more cautious when I speak because “death and life are in the power of the tongue” (Proverbs 18:21).
- I will no longer spend my money on frivolous things.
“It’s just 10 items. How hard could it be?”
Honestly, I’ve been doing pretty well overall but some of it has been by complete accident. I’ve been drinking more water but it’s extremely hot outside and sodas are just a no go when the heat is taking your breath away. I don’t spend money on frivolous things but it’s mainly because I didn’t have much to spend in the first place (LOL!). Of course, I’m still going to celebrate these small victories but I know I could’ve made wayyyy more progress if I was more INTENTIONAL about completing the things on the very list I made for MYSELF.
Here’s the bad news: I have not been wearing my retainer. At all. So I get major headaches when I do. I haven’t been consistently spending 30 minutes listening to something Christ related…it’s more of a “when I feel like it” kinda thing. I haven’t written a single list of things I’m thankful for.
Here’s the good news: I’ve lost 8 pounds. I choose my words much more carefully. I’m not as quick to run to people with my problems before God. I’ve consistently been praying EVERY SINGLE MORNING and reading my devotional.
So yes, there’s definitely room for improvement but I’ll be spending these last 31 days focusing on my goals and purposefully doing what it takes to reach them.
What are some of your summer goals? Have you made any progress? Let me know down below in the comment section.
Peace & Love,